Who could have known what a problem bed rails could be. (I’m writing this so that I won’t forget it….probably not much interest here for our blog followers.)
It is now Friday evening and I have just returned from the apartment, where I actually was able to put an entire bedroom together. Doesn’t sound like much, but here’s what led up to it.
- Four days ago, we purchased bed rails at a store in Dawsonville and took them to the apartment.
- Attempted to install them on the head board and the foot board, but one end (where the “claws” are that fit into the headboard) was UPSIDE DOWN!
- Decided to just go to a mattress store in the neighborhood and buy another set and return the defective one later.
- Came home with a set without “claws” but with bolts.
- Called the mattress store to say we got the wrong rails. They offered to deliver a set with “claws.”
- They did.
- Went to install them and the piece that goes in the middle for support was too short. Looked like the crossbar was made for a full-size bed.
- Called the mattress store only to find out that we couldn’t return the bed rails unless we spent $59.00 for pick up. Huh?? The store is literally 1/2 mile from the apartment.
- Decided to return the #1 bed rails to Dawsonville, which we did. They exchanged them for a good set (even took them out of the box to measure to make sure everything was right).
- Attached the rails and made the bed!
- Got a call from the mattress store saying we could return the defective rails, which we did. They gave us a credit.
- All of that to say that this adventure meant driving over 350 miles, mainly because we live so far away from the apartment! Home-Dawsonville-home-apartment-mattress store-apartment-home-Dawsonville-home-apartment-mattress store-home.
- AND this caused A LOT of frustration. I had to apologize to the mattress store person for being so rude. She graciously accepted my apology.
- I’d like to say a lesson was learned, but I can’t think of one. We were just the unlucky recipients of two (yes, two!) manufacturing screw-ups!
- And BTW….the bedroom looks fantastic!! And I have to admit that this has been the ONLY frustrating thing about setting up this apartment. Thank the good Lord!